Reduces sunlight (needed by algae) reaching pond water.
Black pond dye.
This 32 oz bottle treats 1 surface acre of water at 4 feet deep.
- Easy to apply
- Compatible with most herbicides and algaecides
- Non-toxic, harmless to fish and wildlife
- Economical and longer lasting
LochNess SS should always be added from several locations to insure even dispersion. Wear rubber gloves and eye protection when handling LochNess SS to protect hands from staining.
Usage: LochNess SS should be applied at the rate of 32 to 64 oz. per surface acre of water 4 feet deep.
- First, measure the pond or lake.
- Then calculate the amount needed to color the water.
- Next, add approximately half that dosage from several parts of the lake or pond being colored.
- Once the first half of the dosage is incorporated, add the balance of the colorant until the desired color is achieved.
Caution/Keep Out of Reach of Children: Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. If product comes in contact with skin, wash thoroughly with soap and water. In case of eye contact, wash thoroughly with clear water and consult a physician. Affected clothing should be removed and washed thoroughly before reusing.
Storage and Handling: Keep product closed when not in use. Store in a cool dry location.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This is our favorite of the pond dyes we have tried. The color is a deep olive green/black, which looks very natural. Stalled our pond weeds and made our silty pond dark and reflective. Our pond is approx. an acre at max 4ft deep and the color lasted half of the summer. Applied again mid summer with an enzyme for fall/winter. Worked very well.