Many pond owners have had success with barley straw in the treatment of string and filamentous algae. Barley Straw gives good results in most ponds, but does not work in all ponds.
- 2 bales per pack (each treats 1000 gallons).
- Each bale measures approximately 3-1/2" in diameter and 8-1/2" long.
- Bales should be replaced every 6 months.
- Cork float included.
- Allow 1 month for results.
- Treats up to 2,000 gallons.
Instructions for use:
- Calculate approximate water content of pond. Need help?
- Determine how many mini bale(s) are required to treat pond.
- Place mini bale on the surface of the pond, preferably near waterfall or filter outlet.
- Allow one month for the mini bale to become effective.
- Replace each mini bale after six months of use. After five months, place new bale next to the old one and then remove the oldest one at six months.
- For best results keep the barley straw mini bale floating in the pond year round.
I have used this product in our pond and it works great please don't stop carrying it.
Questions about the Barley Straw Bales?
AquaNooga is a team of water feature experts dedicated to helping you get the maximum enjoyment out of your koi pond, water garden, or fountain. Please contact us for help with your pond or water feature questions or needs relating to products and orders. Click Here