MinnFinn a Safe and Biodegradable Treatment for Koi and Goldfish
IMPORTANT NOTE: MinnFinn is packaged with a vented cap. This makes a small amount of leakage very possible during shipping. This leakage should be expected and we can not be responsible for lost liquid of this product.
Safe for you, your fish and the environment
Contents of this package treats 2,240 gallons of water.
Smaller size treats 220 gallons of water
MinnFinn is Effective for
- Control of Protozoal Parasites; eg. Trichodina and Chilodonella in one (1) treatment and Costa in two to three (2-3) treatments.
- Control Flukes in one (1) to three (3) treatments (Species dependent)
- control of Ich in three (3) to five (5) treatments (Each case of Ich is unique and must be evaluated during treatment program for number of doses needed)
- External Bacterial Infections such as Bacterial Gill Disease, Columnaris, Mouth Rot and Fin Rot in one (1) to three (3) treatments
- controls fungus
- Active Ingredients:
- Hydrogen Peroxide: 5.9%
- Peracetic Acid: 1.4%
- Inactive ingredients: 92.7%
MinnFinn is good to treat a number of organisms found on the outside of your fish. MinnFinn eliminates PROTOZOA parasites, FLUKES and many external BACTERIAL infections. MinnFinn has effectively eliminated protozoa infections, fluke infections, red sores on fish and bacterial gill infections.
MinnFinn Treatment Recommendations
MinnFinn can eliminate most PROTOZA infections in ONE treatment (i.e. Costia and Trichodina). Cases of ICH will require three treatments with one day between treatments. Bacterial Gill Disease was effectively treated in one treatment and Red Sores cleared up in one to two. Flukes were cleared in one to three treatments (applied as for ich) depending on the species of fluke.
No Need for Water Changes
After neutralizing, MinnFinn does not require water changes making it very simple and safe to use.
MinnFinn is Neutralizable so the treatment is ended immediately with the application of NeuFinn. Once neutralized it is like the treatment was never there.
Is MinnFinn Is Environmentally Safe
MinnFinn is safe to discharge directly into open water bodies. It is registered with the EPA. MinnFinn is the most effective yet environmentally benign therapy on the market today.
MinnFinn Comparison to Formalin and Malachite Green
Not only is MinnFinn more effective on a wider variety of pathogens, it is also non-toxic and not persistent in the environment as Formalin and Malachite Green are. While MinnFinn has a strong smell and you need to avoid contact, there are no long term affects like formalin and malachite green.
How does MinnFinn compare to praziqunatel
MinnFinn is as effective against flukes as praziquantel while controlling other pathogens that might be present. MinnFinn is also cheaper to apply and has no negative environmental impacts.
MinnFinn shelf life
MinnFinn should be stored in a cool place out of direct sunlight. With proper storage the shelf life is 1 year.
MinnFinn Can Be Used Anytime
MinnFinn can be used throughout the year and has shown to be compatible with fish in water containing salt. Like all therapies, it is not recommended for use in combination with ANY other treatments.
MinnFinn is manufactured in the USA for AquaSolver
Label information including application instructions
Application of MinnFinn
- One bottle treats 2240 gallons
- It is recommended that the user wear gloves and eye protection when applying MinnFinn.
- Make sure you have an accurate pond volume to avoid over dose and under dose (Pond Volume Calculator).
- Increase aeration to tank/pond to maximize oxygen levels and to ensure proper mixing of treatment.
- When treating Flukes and Costla leave filter online for the first treatment. When treating other diseases placing filter on bypass is optional. If left online expect small impact on nitrification for 2 to 3 days. Bypass filter for further treatments.
- Dilute the required quantity of MinnFinn in a 3/4 full 5 gallon bucket(s) using water from the pond to be treated or tap water for up to 250 mL (8.45 US fluid ounces) of MinnFinn. Use a separate bucket for each 250 mL (8.45 US fluid ounces) of MinnFinn to be applied.
- Spread the mixture around the entire edge of the pond or in the upwelling from an air diffuser to ensure good mixing which will reduce the potential of an area of high concentration fish may pass through.
- Let MinnFinn treatment run for one (1) hour.
- Normal treatment behavior will be lethargy, mild to moderate increase in respiration, and possible mild agitation.
- See required NeuFinn directions (see below) for preparation prior to the end of the treatment.
- If fish appear severely distressed indicated by rolling over and appear to be falling asleep, apply NeuFinn immediately anytime during the treatment.
- Do not use with any other treatment.
Application of NeuFinn Required
- While the MinnFinn treatment is underway, prepare the NeuFinn neutralizer for application.
- In the same 5 gallon bucket(s) used to distribute the MinnFinn treatment, mix the required amount of NeuFinn neutralizer in a 3/4’s full bucket with either pond or tap water. Use a separate bucket for each 1/4 bag of NeuFinn applied.
- After the one (1) hour MinnFinn treatment is complete, apply the dissolved NeuFinn to the pond in the same manner as you did the MinnFinn around the perimeter of the pond or over an air diffuser.
- Return water flow to the pond and/or filter.
For every 100 gallons of pond water treat and neutralize with the following: <ul
- 1.6 fl. oz. (44.63 mL) of MinnFinn Biodegradable Pond Treatment </ul
- 3 measured teaspoons (17.25 g) of NeuFinn Neutralizer
For every 2,000 gallons of pond water treat and neutralize with the following: <ul
- 30.1 fl. oz. (892 mL) of MinnFinn Biodegradable Pond Treatment </ul
- 1-1/4 cups (345 g) of NeuFinn Neutralizer
Benefits of MinnFinn
- Water changes not required after treatment
- Completely eliminated after neutralization
- No harmful environmental impact
- Not cancer causing (unlike products containing formalin and malachite green)
- Increases dissolved oxygen
Statement of Practical Treatment
It is recommended that the user wear gloves and eye protection when applying MinnFinn. Avoid contact with skin and if exposed rinse thoroughly with water and apply NeuFinn. In case of contact with eyes, flush with large amounts of water for at least fifteen (15) minutes. For eyes, get prompt medical attention. If swallowed, drink large amounts of ate immediately to dilute. Do not attempt to induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately. For chemical emergency, spill, leak, fire, exposure and accident, call Chemtrec 1-800-424-9300. Outside the USA and District of Columbia call 7013-527-3887.
Storage & Disposal
- Store in original container
- Bottle contains liquid product with vented cap.
- Store with indicated side up to prevent leakage.
- Do not expose to direct sunlight.
- Maintain temperature below 75°F (24°C)
- Avoid contact with combustible materials.
- Avoid contamination from any source, including metals, dust, etc. Such contamination may cause rapid decomposition, generation of large quantities of oxygen gas and high pressures.
Not available to ship to Canada
Topical Treatment with MinnFinn
MinnFinn works as an excellent topical treatment. For both fish and inverts (corals and other
inverts), If you find a wound or see some patches of fungus you don’t need to treat the whole
tank. In some instances it is more appropriate to treat a patch or focal lesion. Using the
aquarium or pond, put a little MinnFinn in a small glass. Take a cotton swab or small paint
brush, dip into the MinnFinn and squeeze out most of the MinnFinn on the side of the glass.
Remove the animal to be treated and apply the MinnFinn with the swab or brush to the
affected areas. I usually just hold the fish in the net at the water surface so I can get to the
affected spot. Within a day or two you should see significant healing. It has proven effective at
resolving affected wounds quickly.
The MinnFinn Quick Quarantine
When buying new fish there is always risk of introducing a disease into your nice stable pond. It
is more common than you would think that an outbreak occurs in a pond. It is not to say the
fish are sick that you bought. Parasites and bacteria are always there, even in a healthy pond
or group of fish. The stress of bringing them home and entering a new system can allow bugs
that came in on the fish, or less likely from your pond, multiply on the weekend stressed fish
and cause a disease outbreak. With this, there are those that will quarantine fish prior to
entering the new pond. Fish are generally give a treatment to minimize an outbreak. Some
diseases like KHV are almost impossible to quarantine for and most must trust the fish vendor
is selling fish free of KHV.
There are few koi and/or pond keepers however that have the ability to quarantine new fish. It
is not practical for most owners to have an entire separate system just for quarantining. With
most medications requiring several days to weeks to be effective, most just put their new fish
into the pond. That is where MinnFinn can help! MinnFinn is a one hour treatment and comes
with a neutralizer so you stop the treatment. MinnFinn now allows you to take home your fish
and a small MinnFinn, and do a one hour treatment on your new fish in any small tank or tub. It
will get rid of any parasites, bacteria and fungus on the outside of your fish, minimizing
infections in the main pond.
MinnFinn, not just for treating disease but also for preventing disease
Questions about the MinnFinn?
AquaNooga is a team of water feature experts dedicated to helping you get the maximum enjoyment out of your koi pond, water garden, or fountain. Please contact us for help with your pond or water feature questions or needs relating to products and orders. Click Here