The rugged Biosteps II contains 200 sq. ft. of surface area using Matala ® filter media for beneficial bacteria growth.
Combined with a cross flow design that traps and processes more debris at high flow rates, you get unparalleled mechanical and biological filtration for superior water quality.
Combine multiple units for large or heavily stocked koi ponds.
Barbed swivel inlet (3/4", 1", 1-1/4", 1-1/2"),
1-1/2" or 2" outlet.
Measures 23-3/16" x 15" x 20-3/16" high.
For ponds up to 2,700 gallon, step-wise transition from mechanical filtration to high-efficiency bio filtration.
Features of Biosteps Filter:
- Progressive Filtration provides improved mechanical filtration
- Supplied with sufficient volume of Matala® filter media with progressive densities, 2 Green Matala Pads, 2 Blue Matala Pads, 2 Gray Matala Pads
- Cross-Flow Pattern: Traps more dirt at high flow rates without plugging.
- Recommeded Flow rate 800-900 GPH, Max flow 1060 gph.
- Built-In overflow safety.
- Easy maintenance.
- Sloped bottom with extra sink at outlet for easy draining of waste.
- Rugged construction.
- Easy to add to already existing ponds.
- Optional waterfall outlet available (sold separately)
Questions about the Matala BioSteps II?
AquaNooga is a team of water feature experts dedicated to helping you get the maximum enjoyment out of your koi pond, water garden, or fountain. Please contact us for help with your pond or water feature questions or needs relating to products and orders. Click Here