- Fits inside Matala BioSteps 10 Filter or can be installed inline on the outside of the pond
- Dimensions: 3.1" x 12.2"
- Threaded inlet and outlet connections: 1-1/4"
- Voltage: 115
- Recommended hose diameter: 1"
- Max Recommended flow rate: 400 Gallons Per Hour (GPH)
- Max pond volume: 800 Gallons
- Max Koi pond volume: 400 Gallons
- Manufacturer Number: UVC9Wp
Matala UV-C Clarifiers are designed for Koi ponds and water gardens to help suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses.
Even in a balanced pond ecosystem, sudden blooms of such organisms can occur due to abnormal changes of weather, fish feeding behavior, mineral nutrient levels, etc. These blooms may result in green water, lethal oxygen levels or weakened health conditions for fish and aquatic plants.
- Suppress blooms of suspended green algae, harmful bacteria, parasites, fungi, protozoan and viruses
- High quality quartz sleeves allow transmission of over 95% of the UV light.
- Easy installation with stepped hose tails supporting 1", 1-1/4", and 11/2" tubing.
- Provided with inner thread of 1-1/4" and an outer thread of 1-1/2"
- Uses PLS type UV bulbs
- Translucent hose tails provide blue light monitoring
- Entire device is UV resistant
- Includes 15' power cord with in line transformer
What is the difference between an ultraviolet sterilizer and an ultraviolet clarifier? Actually, there is not a difference in the units themselves, the difference is in the ratings provided for the appropriate pond size and flow rate. By following UV sterilizer ratings the pond should have clear water despite most other conditions and the UV will also be more effective against controlling microscopic pathogens. A UV clarifier rating typically means that you may not have crystal clear water all the way to the bottom. It also assumes that the pond has good plant coverage (greater than 50%) and adequate biological filtration. When following UV clarifier ratings it is a good idea to oversize the UV to help ensure cleaner water.
I was skeptical that this would work after installing in my Biosteps filter, but boy did it prove me wrong! After 3 full days my water was crystal clear! Highly recommend to clear up algae blooms in your water. Hoping it helps protect against other pathogens, but the algae is good enough.
Questions about the 9 Watt Matala UV Unit?
AquaNooga is a team of water feature experts dedicated to helping you get the maximum enjoyment out of your koi pond, water garden, or fountain. Please contact us for help with your pond or water feature questions or needs relating to products and orders. Click Here